During Class on Thursday
Your Blog Buddy’s Name__________________________
Your Blog Buddy’s Topic__________________________
For Your “Buddy’s Blog”
What are the first 4 ideas that you think of in relation to your partner’s topic?
(Just the first 4 images, concepts, words, phrases, etc)
What areas of your buddy’s topic are you still in need of further information?
What can your buddy tell you about his/her topic that you need to know?
(Now would be a great time to ask him/her)
Depending on how familiar you are with your partners’ topic, you may need to visit the Research Team’s Blog to get more information on his/her topic and/or for examples of analysis of the topic.
1. What social norms and ideals about gender and sexuality are produced in this site of popular culture? How are they produced? 2. What gendered identities are produced through this topic (both male and female) and what factors are producing them? Feel free to list, outline, etc.
2. What gendered identities are produced through this topic (both male and female) and what factors are producing them? Feel free to list, outline, etc.
3. What identities are privileged and which are disadvantaged (some may be considered both depending on the context)? What hierarchies do you see being produced? Feel free to list, outline, etc.
4. How does this site within popular culture have power in society to create, reinforce, and/or destroy norms and hierarchies?
5. What images and messages are produced that are empowering (or more empowering than others)?
For Your Blog Topic
What have you been the most comfortable/confident (related to content, not technology) when writing about your topic?
What has been your greatest difficulty?
Reread the questions that were asked about your Blog buddy’s topic. On a separate sheet of paper, answer these questions about your topic?
Ideally, what would you like to see your Blog Buddy Help you with the most?
Return to the sheet of paper where you addressed your topic. Put a star next to the responses that you don’t feel (or didn’t feel when responding) confident with the response you gave.
For the responses you marked, how can your buddy specifically help (or try to help) you?
Give your Blog buddy has this sheet and your responses on the other sheet of paper to bring home at the end of class.
*Make sure you give your buddy this information as soon as possible, so s/he has it for his/her own information and because this part must be completed before proceeding to the second part of the blog buddy work (sending via email).
*Your partner will turn this sheet in to me on April 19th (in class), and the second part will be completed on the blogs (instructions about this are included in the second part of the assignment) by Friday, April 20th.
The next step will be sent to you via email & will ask you to evaluate your buddy’s Blog by giving her/him constructive advice/critiques.